To assign forums to a group, you have to have a group created. You need to then configure bbPress to allow groups to have forums.
- For this, you need to create a parent forum for all BuddyPress forums. Add a new forum in bbPress, Forums->New Forum, and name it Group Forums (the title does not have to be necessarily Group Forums. Set any title of your liking, except Forums of course).
- Set the Forum Attribute Type to ‘Category’, and publish the forum.
- Next, you need to configure bbPress for BuddyPress groups. Go to Settings->Forums. There will be settings categorized under BuddyPress Integration. Set the ’Group Forums Parent’ option to ’Group Forums’, the new forum you’ve created in bbPress. Ensure that the ‘Enable Group Forums’ option is checked. Save the settings.
- If you do not have a group, create a new group under Groups->Add New. Proceed through the setup steps. There will be a ‘Forum’ settings step. Check the ‘Yes. I want this group to have a forum option. Continue with the setup steps and create the Group.
- For existing groups, edit the settings of each group, and check the ‘Yes. I want this group to have a forum option, under ‘Group Forum Settings’. And save the changes.
- When a new topic and reply will be created in this forum, ACtivity will generate.
A ‘Forum’ option will now be available in your Group’s primary navigation menu, which you (or group members) can use to add new topics