Welcome to BuddyPress! This section will help you set up your new BuddyPress-powered site as Super/Site Administrator: installing and configuring your settings to managing users, groups, activity streams, and other BuddyPress components. It will also provide a guide for your users if you enable specific components. To run BuddyPress, the following are some guidelines.
To run BuddyPress, we recommend your host supports:
- PHP version 7.0 or greater
- MySQL version 5.6 or greater
- BuddyPress 7.0+ supports WordPress 4.9 or greater.
- BuddyPress 6.0+ supports WordPress 4.8 or greater.
- BuddyPress 5.0+ supports WordPress 4.7 or greater.
- BuddyPress 4.0+ supports WordPress 4.6 or greater.
- BuddyPress 3.0+ supports WordPress 4.5 or greater.
- BuddyPress 2.9+ supports WordPress 4.4 or greater.
- BuddyPress 2.8+ requires at least PHP 5.3 and supports WordPress 4.3 or greater.
See https://codex.buddypress.org/releases/ for the list of BuddyPress release versions and WordPress version compatibility.
- Apache Module mod_rewrite enabled for “pretty permalinks”.
- WordPress should be installed manually i.e. via FTP, Cpanel, etc.
- BuddyPress does not work on installations where you give WordPress its directory.
- The folder name for any subdirectory or subdomain WordPress/BuddyPress installation must be in lowercase.
- PHP must have the GD or Imagick modules installed (on the server) to allow re-sizing of images; BP avatar uploads will fail without one of these modules activated (WP will simply fail to create image sizes for posts but won’t show an error).